Από το Εργαστήριο Τεχνητής Νοημοσύνης και Ανάλυσης Πληροφοριών ανακοινώνεται ότι:
Dear colleagues and students,
very recently, the IEEE Signal Processing Society approved the creation of the IEEE SPS Autonomous Systems Initiative (ASI, http://asi.politecnica.unige.it/). More information on its goals and policies can be found in the first document and the second document.
ASI will be inaugurated during ICIP2018, 7-10/10/2018, Athens, Greece with a series of events on 7-8th October 2018, collectively called ASI@ICIP2018.
You are invited to attend them. Furthermore, you are welcomed to register as ASI volunteer, by filling your entry in https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/184vhefeqnuwMJTft7Mvkwku1-1NOJ3Ui6NttPfw3OJ4/edit?pli=1#gid=2072326988
October 7th, 2018: Tutorial on Drone Vision for Cinematography and Media Production (separate registration required)
October 8th, 2018: (events sponsored by EC Horizon2020 R&D project Multidrone):
- 12:10 – 13:10: Inaugural ASI meeting [Kokkali Room]
- a) Prof. W. Kellermann, IEEE SPS VP Technical Directions: Presentation of SPS megatrand initiatives (15 min)
- b) Prof. I. Pitas, acting ASI chair: Inaugural ASI presentation (15 min)
- c) Any ICIP2018 participant: presentation of any proposal on ASI related activities
(e.g., courses, special sessions/issues, workshops, competitions) are welcomed
(send 1-2 slides to Prof. I. Pitas email@example.com by 7th October 2018).
- 13:10 – 14:10: ASI Steering Committee and member meeting [Kokkali Room]
- a) election of new chair and vice-chair
- b) ASI organization
- c) Planning new ASI activities
- 14:10 – 15:00: Headline talk: Dr. A. Messina (RAI, Radiotelevisione Italiana, Italy) ‘Autonomous drone systems for media production’ [Trianti Hall]
- 15:00 – 15:50: Headline talk: Dr. G. Yovanof (Strategis, Greece) ‘Autonomous Marine Systems – A Driver for Sustainable Growth in the Ocean Economy’ [Trianti Hall]
- 15:50 – 16:20: Coffee break
- 16:20 – 17:10: Headline talk: Dr. Gian-Luca Mariottini (Draper, USA) ‘Perceptual Autonomy’ [Trianti Hall]
From a scientific point of view, ASI can cover the following areas (non exhaustive list):
- Sensor information processing
- Mission planning and control
- Machine learning for perception and control
- Robust/secure mobile communications
- Embedded systems
- Societal issues, e.g., data protection, privacy.
From an industrial/sectorial point of view, it can cover autonomous systems operating in any environment, whether this is on land, underwater, in the air, underground, or in space. More specifically:
- Autonomous cars
- Autonomous robotic systems
- Marine, underwater vessels
- Drones and unmanned aircraft.
Proposals on ASI related activities (e.g., courses, special sessions/issues, workshops, competitions) are welcomed from any IEEE member (and beyond)
and can be presented during the inaugural session 12:10-13:10, 8th October 2018 (send 1-2 slides to Prof. I. Pitas firstname.lastname@example.org by 7th October 2018).