Welcome to the Department of Informatics of AUTh
The Department of Informatics of the Faculty of Sciences of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki was established in 1991 and accepts students since the academic year 1992-1993.
- The external evaluation report conducted in September 2011 by H.Q.A.A
- Recent comparative evaluation of the research work of Greek Informatics Departments [EL] classifies the Department of Informatics of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki at the top.
- The Aristotle University of Thessaloniki was ranked within the top 200 universities in the subject "Computer Science and Information Systems" according to a recent study conducted by the QS company.
- Large number of original research publications in reputable international scientific journals and conferences.Large number of published books on various fields of Informatics.
- Large number of funded research and development projects that the Department has undertaken from the European Union and Greek agencies.
- Large number of graduates that have gained reputation in the national and international academic community as well as in the labor market.
The professional capabilities of the graduates of our Department are spanning a wide spectrum of the research and job market: teaching and research at a theoretical, technological and application level as well as in the study, supervision, validation, maintenance, expertise investigation and approval of standards in establishments and applications of any kind in the following scientific areas:
- Hardware and software of Computers,
- Informatics and Information Systems,
- Networks of Communications and Internet Applications,
- Systems and Applications in Processing of Signal, Image and Speech.